Thursday, March 5, 2009

May I never stop noticing the walls

As I was doing some fixing up here on my blog site I got to thinking.  How long will it be before I stop noticing my blog "wallpaper"?  When I started this blog I clicked a few buttons and there it was, all set up for me.  I had quite a few backgrounds to pick from and then I could customize even more after picking one.  I have been back and forth on what to use.  Light polka dots, dark ones.  Plain background, colorful.  Start from scratch and make my own... ouch, that would be work.  

When we first moved into our tiny home almost 7 years ago I had visions.  I didn't want white walls.  Green.  I searched for months for the perfect shade of green.  Took even longer to finally give the ok to Andy to start painting.  We finally covered over the green snowman that had become our painted friend on the wall.  It was only recently that I started noticing the walls again.  Dirty from years of touching, the paint has chipped off in places.  Character and memories yes, but...  How often do I do that, not notice what has been there all the time?  How often is it that I desire to take the time to think about change?  Or do I think about it for a fleeting moment and think it will be too hard to improve upon, and proceed to neglect it?  I think it's time for me to start noticing the walls again and to think about what I can do to improve upon them.  The same could be said about me.  

For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror: for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.
James 1:23-24 

Yes, I may end up keeping the light polka dots because that's what I have decided upon.  May it never be because I have forgotten about them or the desire I had in the first place to create something of beauty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment